All nursery Policies and procedures are kept in a folder in the hallway for parents to access when needed.
Policies in folder are:
- Adverse Weather Policy
- Admission Policy
- Arrival and collection policy and procedure
- Behaviour Management
- Safeguarding Policy and Procedures
- Complaints Procedure
- Coronavirus and infectious control Policy and risk assessment
- GDPR, data and confidentiality Policy
- E-safety policy
- Equal opportunities policy, includes radicalisation
- Food and drink policy
- Procedure in event of fire / evacuation
- Health, safety, hygiene and welfare policy
- Medical Policy
- Parents as partners
- Parental involvement – settling in procedure
- Procedure for when parent fail to collect child or when a child goes missing
- Quality of care
- SEN Policy and procedures
- Safe sleep policy
- Staff, students and employment
- Sickness policy
- Toileting and nappy changing policy and procedure
- Children learn through play – foundation phase framework
Risk assessments, COSHH statements and all above policies are available on request.
It is important that the parent / carer and the staff work together to help children settle in the group and develop confidence to participate in all the activities offered. Please read our settling in policy which explains our thoughts clearly. (FREE sessions while settling your child in while you are still in the premises )
The nursery cannot undertake the care of sick children. We must stress the nesscessity to keep your child away from the Nursery if unwell.
Should your child become unwell during the session we will contact you to collect them.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT you tell us if your child has contracted an INFECTIOUS DISEASE / Head lice or if the cause of the illness has been confirmed by a doctor so that we can then make other parents aware of the situation. The staff reserve the right to remove a child to hospital in an EMERGENCY.
The nursery is for well children only.
In a clearly labelled bag:
- Coat, waterproofs and wellie boots
- Two full sets of spare clothes in case there is a need to change.
- Nappies, wet wipes, cream, nappy sacks. (if age appropriate)
- Child’s comforter e.g. dummy, blanket
- Sun cream, sun hat
N.B. Please no not bring any other toys
There will be messy and physical play in the nursery and in order to feel free to explore and experiment with all kinds of materials and equipment, clothes should be easily washable and not restrict the child’s movements but also easy for them to do especially when they are toilet training.
Children need to practice skills which will make them independent, clothes and shoes which they can cope with themselves enables them to become less dependent on the help of other people.
Under 12months will need:-
All their food and bottles ready for us to make up.
Parents in partnership:
We believe parents are the prime carer’s and educators of their children and as such should be involved in all aspects of the group.First Steps Nursery fosters a very strong partnership with parents and we actively encourage parents to participate in everything we do, through annual parents meetings and in more informal discussions with room managers and assistants.
- Concerts for parents / carers
- Llandrindod Wells carnival float
- Fundraising for charity
- Victorian Festival ( making costumes)
- Attending trips / events organized by the Nursery
- Parent Training -Incredible Years courses
We are a relaxed and welcoming nursery and we always welcome parent feedback and suggestions on how we can improve.We are always keen to discuss the development of your child or simply share the details of your child’s day. We issue Newsletter’s as we need them and important notices are displayed on the main door.News, events and information are also posted on face book.