We are an inclusive nursery and welcome all children. Celebrating the variety of cultures from which our children and staff are drawn.
The Nursery Offers:
- Registered for 32 children per day – aged between birth to 8 years old
- Registered and inspected by CIW – please see our latest report on www.ciw.wales.gov.uk
- Inspected by Estyn – please see our latest report on www.estyn.gov.uk
- Inspected by Environmental Health Food Hygiene rating ‘5’ date 6th August 2019
- Inspected Hygiene and Infectious diseases
- Inspected on food allergy awareness
- Inspected by Fire Officers
- A Member of National Day Nurseries Association (NDNA)
- Fully Insured – Certificate displayed on notice board
- English main language spoken – Basic Welsh is introduced to all children and other cultures are introduced by celebrating festivals.
- Deliver Early Years Foundation Phase and The Childcare Offer for Wales
- Deliver Healthy Pre-School Scheme
- We have weekly visits to our own Bluebell Wood Forest School site
- We go on weekly walks around the town, we visit the lake to see the ducks and go to the park, we visit the local library and we go on welly walks to Rock Park
- Welsh is spoken throughout the day, we have a session every afternoon where Welsh is the only language we use.
- Security – CCTV in operation and password for entry.
All staff hold appropriate childcare qualifications, enhanced DBS, First Aid Certificates, Food hygiene, Child protection, Manual handling, Health and safety. All staff have on-going training and students are welcome from relevant childcare courses for training.
Key Worker structure:
When your child starts with us , they will be allocated a key worker, this key worker will be responsible for supporting your child to settle in, assess and record your child’s development and progress. Your child’s progress can be discussed at any time with the key worker and we value parental involvement highly and feel it is essential to develop close bonds with families to ensure quality and consistent care for the child.
We offer a full range of meals including:
Breakfast: toast, fruit bread, pancakes,waffles, brioche
Snack: Fresh fruit with breadstick
Mid-day lunch: Fresh cooked hot meal with a pudding
Light tea: Sandwich, crackers, breadstick , cheese , tomato, variety of fresh fruit slices.
Milk or water is available at all meals times and during the day.
Children with specific dietary requirements are catered for at the nursery, whether it is an allergic or intolerance need, a preference or that of a religious back ground. Please discuss your requirements with the staff at the nursery when you visit so arrangements can be made before the child starts nursery.
Optional that parents can provide own packed lunch – breakfast, snack, lunch with pudding and tea if they would like too. (please do not provide chocolate or nuts (we are promoting healthy eating)